If you are just now joining us on Our Adoption Journey, here are a few blogs you might want to read first!
I've never been more sure now than ever that we are exactly on the road God has planned for us. I wish you could hear sweet Chalin's voice when he prays, asking God to be with "the birth mom and my baby brother or baby sister and keep them healthy." It would melt your heart. Now, I recently realized that although I have shared that we are adopting, I haven't given you much other information, so here are a few things:
1. We will be adopting from Oklahoma.
2. We chose to adopt an infant in hopes of taking him/her home from the hospital after their birth.
3. We were not given the chance to pick a gender, and we were both relieved by this. Can you imagine Chad OR me making this kind of decision? We don't even like to choose what we're going to eat for meals...seriously.
4. We did not want to set too many limits on God's plan, and for that reason, we will not know the race of the baby until we get the phone call. Every time I tell this to people, I hear in my head, "Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world!" not in my singing voice, of course, but someone who can actually sing...haha...seriously though :)
5. We are officially on the WAITING LIST! We completed our interviews and home study a few weeks ago, so now we are just patiently (used loosely) waiting to be selected by the birth mother. We could get a phone call today OR a year from now telling us we've been selected. We could be selected by a birth mother who is 6 months pregnant OR we could get selected by a birth mother who just had her baby. So so so many unknowns...
NOW, for a "Piece by Piece" update. 3 letters: W-O-W! I can't wait to share this story with our baby boy or baby girl someday--telling them how much they were so dearly loved and supported before we even met them--by all of our wonderful family, life-long friends, sweet friends from high school, dear friends from college, amazing co-workers, and our church families from 3 different churches, including the one we now call home. As I type this, I pray that all of you are able to feel the amount of LOVE and APPRECIATION
I have for each of you. But more importantly, the amount of LOVE God has for you. I'm telling you firsthand, read your Bible everyday, even if it's only for 10 minutes. Make time because you won't find it. I am so amazed at how He has changed my heart over the last few months, and to tell you I'm excited about our new addition, is a complete understatement.