Monday, July 25, 2011

Beyond Blessed


"Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you." --Jesus, Matthew 5:48

Oh, how we have seen this verse lived out by the people that surround us, and it just makes my heart so unbelievable happy.

I have to write this quick post because I am beyond BLESSED with the most loving family and friends. Of course, I knew this before, but God has continued to show me just how wonderful the people are that he has placed in my life. Since Chad, Chalin, and I began sharing our Adoption Journey:

*I have had Scentsy orders placed just to assist with our Adoption costs--from friends, family, and friends/family of our friends and family!
*We have had friends and family share our story with others they know through blogging, emails, Facebook, etc.
*I've had a friend offer to donate a % of what she sells with HER business to us.
*I've had loving, supportive, encouraging emails, messages and phone conversations from anyone and everyone, including people that are going through or have gone through the same thing.
*I've had a friend offer to design things for us for FREE to help with fundraisers.
*I've had friends and family offer to help in anyway possible, whether it be making something for us to raise money (knitting, quilting), offering their awesome photography skills, or just giving us items that could possibly raise money for us.

I hope all of you know how TRULY special each and everyone of you are to us. I hope we can someday show you how much we really appreciate ALL of your ongoing love and support as we continue our Adoption journey.

*Side Note: Chad and I are currently working on some more fundraiser ideas with our friends and family, so keep a look out on our blog for more information coming soon!

Current Fundraisers:

1. OU SEASON FOOTBALL TICKETS!
2. Purchase from my Scentsy website!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like ya'll have a whole bunch of people that love and support you. How awesome is that! :o)

    Have you thought of doing an adoption yard sale? It's where friends and family (and possibly members of your church) donate items for the sale and all the proceeds go to your adoption? I've seen people raise a lot of money that way. Plus, it's pretty fun. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah for the sweet message and the great idea! I need to start gathering items :)

    ReplyDelete