Monday, July 26, 2010

Runza for Robertsons

A friend of mine posted a blog a few weeks ago that included a recipe for Runza casserole (You can read about it here.) It sounded yummy (and after reading it, it sounded super easy to make, too), so I decided to cook it for our little family. What a great decision because it was super delicious! Thanks, Deanna, for sharing so that my family could enjoy it, AND so that I could pass it along to family and friends! (Oh, and if I haven't mentioned it already, Chad got me a new camera for our anniversary--doesn't it make the casserole look mouth-watering?!

Layered goodness waiting to be baked.

Covered in crescent rolls, and headed to the oven...
Finished product. Y.U.M.M.Y.
And here is the recipe:
1 1/2 pounds of ground beef
1/2 head of cabbage
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 cans crescent rolls
1 cup shredded cheese

1.Preheat oven to 400.
2.Brown beef and drain.
3.Chop cabbage and add to ground beef; cook until cabbage is tender, add salt & pepper (and I always season with garlic salt, too).
4.Add cream of mushroom soup.
5.Press one can of crescent rolls into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
6.Spread beef mixture on top of the rolls.
7.Sprinkle cheese on top and top with other can of crescent rolls.
8.Bake for 15-20 minutes.

Hope you enjoy it as much as Chad, Chalin, and I did!

1 comment: