Ok, so I was reading my friend Kristyn's blog today, and I got this idea from her, which she got from another fellow blogger. I always like to write down a short list of "New Year's Resolutions," but this year, I decided to write my own Annual Review. I liked this idea because it actually made me reflect back on some positive things from 2009, rather than just list new goals for 2010. Here is what I came up with, although I'm sure I'll have more to add to the list later.
Things I did well in 2009:
1. Had lots of patience for many MANY nights of not much sleep. My sweet Chalin is still not much of a sleeper, but he is doing better…most of the time!
2. Trained and ran a ½ marathon at the OKC Memorial Marathon. In preparing for this, I ran a few other races that beat my previous race times.
3. Made some time for myself to do one of the things I really love—reading! I mostly read vampire books, but hey, I probably read at least 20 books, maybe more.
4. Started the Dave Ramsey Program, which encouraged me to save money –in one area in particular, food! By cooking more, we saved money, and it was healthier than eating fast food all the time. I also tried lots of new yummy recipes, rather than just cooking Hamburger Helper all the time—haha!
5. Joined a LTG (Life Transformation Group), which encouraged me to read my Bible more.
Things I want to do better in 2010:
1. BE HEALTHIER—Exercise regularly and stop eating so much junk food. I want to visit the gym a couple of times a week, along with taking Chalin for many jogging stroller rides.
2. Spend less time on the computer and more time reading God’s Word.
3. Learning new things: knitting projects, refurbishing/restoring the record player holder in our garage and other furniture, scrapbooking, etc. Life is too short, and there are soooo many things to learn!
4. Make more time for Chad and actually schedule date nights. We have had so few of these since Chalin came along, and I know how important they are in a relationship.
5. Actually invite friends over for dinner. I’m always afraid that the house isn’t clean enough or the food I cook won’t be good enough. 2010 is the year for me to get over these fears!
Now, aren't you just so anxious to write your own Annual Review? If so, I can't wait to read it! :)